Sunday, August 10, 2008

Switching SIM cards



"Cambiar de chip" is a Spanish expression that has found its way into everyday language during the last few years, it literally means "changing the computer chip in your mind". It means changing your way of looking at things, of analyzing things, of doing things and of understanding things.

I feel this happens to me every time I go back and forth between the two balconies overlooking the Mediterranean, the moment I set foot in the destination airport and switch the chips of my mobile phone a parallel card in my mind connects, with a whole different program: language, welcome message, phone book, menus, agendas... I feel almost schizophrenic!

As I go back and forth, the card installation gets smoother every time, the line between both menus get blurred yet the contrast between the operators gets sharper... and each time the card feels more foreign in the phone than the time before yet more comfy in its compartment.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

زي كده ما حد يشاور على دماغه ويقول " غيرت الشريحة"
هذا والله أعلم

yelmeshad said...

I love this note!! :)

yelmeshad said...

I love this note!! :)