Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A year in my balcony

So it's been a year, that I've been rambling on and on, about Places and People and how I connect to those. I started this as a new year resolution last January, now that two years have hit me in the same week, 1430 and 2009, I find the whole notion of new year resolutions kind of you know... cheesy.
So last year I decided to write (so guess what resolutions do work someitmes). I think the hardest thing was to decide what to write, how to write it, in what language, how anonymous it should be kept, how much fussing I'd do about how it comes out and whether readers like it. Today I can honestly say, it was one of the best decisions I took, so I'll keep rambling on as long as I have tales to tell.

Many kind neighbors have stopped for coffee, some who tell their own stories too, and some who prefer to listen, some I have met in real life and some I haven't. All the rambling that took place while leaning on the railing was worthile.

I take this occasion to wish a splendid year to the friends who have encouraged me to start this Blog, some said I ought to tell my stories, some said I ought to record my travels, and one said I needed to clear that crazy mess in my head. And though I had registered this blog in January, it could've suffered the same fate of many pages that I registered and left abandoned if it weren't for a Birthday gift I received in February; two dear friends gave
me a lovely book to record my travels in writing and photos.

I wish all those friends and all my neighbors in other balconies a lovely year; may your year be filled with journeys of discovery, self-discovery above all ...

Photo:
Me dropping a line for The Beatles at Abbey Road studios, London. It reads "There are places I'll remember...this is one of them"


4 comments:

Che said...

Well , i don`t know what to say , but as long as we are breathing i guess we`ll keep rambling .. love that place , hate that one .. meet new people , leave old ones ... just enjoying that we are still humans ... and about what to write , what language u write those things u don`t know yet >> i guess this is your own space of freedom .. your rules .. so you do whatever u like to do .. and believe me as long as it true and makes u feel good , then you don`t need nothing else and this is the best you can wish for
and finally
happy new year

محمد حمدي said...

It's first time reading your blog , you have very lovely easy way to write , I think it will not be the last time I visit your blog .

Happy New Year .. Happy fantastic blog.

I'm waiting ur visit too

bye

Mo-ha-med said...

Cumpleanos feliz, balconera de mi corazon!

Anonymous said...

my eyes hurt.
I saw the photos.
I loved em.
I will be back soon to read.
you know .. my eyes hurt.

photos are smart. very smart.

Ibrahim 3aggour.